Fri, Mar 2, 2018
Hello, Alumni Fund Volunteers!
March is definitely in like a lion here in Williamstown — and I’d be lyin’ if I said we weren’t looking forward to the weekend! (See what I did there? Better if you say it out loud than just see it in print….)
Here are three things to think about this weekend:
1) Fast Facts
Looking for something to copy and paste into your messages? Look no further. Here are three:
- The Alumni Fund covers 5% of the Williams operating budget each year
- Five dollars raised through the Alumni Fund gives Williams the same purchasing power as $100 in the endowment
- If all of our remaining LYBUNTs who gave $100 or less last year come in at the same level this year, their gifts would represent the equivalent of one full ride financial aid scholarship.
2) Be Friendly and Personalize
Maybe it’s your all-time favorite quote from the quoteboard in your shared 1st year entry. Maybe it’s the wacky way you sprinted together from building to building during an epic snowstorm. Maybe it’s that “one time…at band camp…” memory. Whatever it is, find something specific to use to connect with your classmates on a personal level in your conversation.
3) Look for inspiration in unexpected places.
Today, we posted some fun fundraising memes on the Alumni Fund Facebook page. I also got some appropriate messages from my afternoon chocolate break:
And on that note, I will leave you to it.
Thanks so much for all you do for Williams — have a great weekend, and good luck with your LYBUNTs!