Biggest Little Community - January 2023
The Biggest Little Community Challenge begins Wednesday, January 11th, 2023 and runs through Wednesday, January 25th.
Here’s how it works:
- Volunteer — anywhere — and log your hours online during the 15-day challenge period.
- Make a gift to Williams. Any size.
- Multiply your gift (up to the first $100) by your number of volunteer hours, thanks to our generous challenge donors, Joyce Noonan Andersen '88 and James Andersen, Richard Georgi ’87 and Sanae Ishikawa, Mitchell Green ’03 and Lisa Green, Gay Mayer ’64, David Sorkin ’81 P’18 ’23, Peter Wege ’71 P'97 '90 GP'24 and Kathy Wege P'97 '90 GP'24, and anonymous members of the Williams Community.
The more you volunteer, the greater your gift to Williams!
History of Community Service Initiatives at Williams
As two of the head agents for the class of 2016, Nick Brownrigg and Jace Forbes-Cockell had a brainstorm one night. They realized their classmates, grateful for what Williams had given them but short on financial resources, were interested in finding a way to support the college with their time.
Jace and Nick knew their friends volunteered for a variety of causes and organizations that made a difference in their communities. They approached the Alumni Fund about finding a way to honor that spirit and help that generosity go further while supporting Williams.
From that eureka moment, Teach It Forward: Impact was born. This special service-focused campaign multiplied alumni gifts to Williams by their volunteer hours over a two-week period in January of 2017. The challenge continued in 2018 and 2019 with additional matching funds. The challenge was paused with the Covid-19 pandemic, but came back in 2021 with a new name and during a new time of year: the Biggest Little Community.
- The challenge runs from Wednesday, January 11, 2023 through Wednesday, January 25, 2023. Service performed for Williams during this time should be included.
- Gifts made anytime between July 1, 2022 and January 25, 2023 will be eligible for matching. Volunteer hours must be performed and logged during the challenge period. The first $100 of any gift is eligible to be matched.
- The matching gift does not count toward your class’s total in the reunion trophy competition.